Friday, September 4, 2015



Contents and Selected Reviews: Books, Books and More Books!


Hello! You'll find links to some of my 108 Amazon book reviews below.  

Also wrote book reviews for The Montreal Gazette for one year. These aren't online.

-- I realize you publish engaging descriptions of books and not book reviews themselves -- and that you require a background in writing about books -- but I've included some links to my book reviews, so you can get an idea for the kinds of articles I've written about books. And please see the sidebar at right for other work I've done.

-- You can see if my writing style is what you want re: writing about books in an engaging manner.

-- Also included are three (short) sample assignments as separate blog posts. See below. These represent my best guess of what you might want in a candidate. 
 

Historical Romance: A Quiz: 15 Questions  to Slake Your Thirst During the Awful (Awful) Wait Until Outlander Season 2



Memoir: Mothers and Daughters -- When Fate Interrupts the Bond

Literary Fiction: 5 Books By or About Harper Lee You Want to Read Right Now



~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~



-- Amazon includes many more than the samples below.

-- Have read Agatha Christie -- at least 20 of her books, but  this was some time ago.

-- Have read a variety of mysteries and thrillers, Robert Parker, Lisa Gardner, Lisa Scottoline, Tess Gerritsen, Harlen Coben and Michael Crichton

-- Gone Girl? You bet. Read it four times and saw the movie twice. Also read a book from a BookBub promotion: Second Life by S.J. Watson.

-- Have read books on writing craft  -- Stephen King's On Writing is my fave. Have read books of all types, periods and genres, as well as the standard fare for English majors. 

-- The standard fare is a broad swath of the old dead poets: The classics,  Chaucer, Shakespeare, 18th- and 19th-century British, European and American literature, and 19th- and 20th-century American literature.

-- Among the key 20th-century icons in American literary fiction are Salinger, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Steinbeck and Lee, in no particular order.

-- And now, 21st-century fiction has entered center stage, with a unique, fast-paced style all its own.

-- These reviews from Amazon below represent only a few samples from my reading palate. 

-- Also, on another site I was on for nearly 10 years, I had 7,000 friends. Now, about 250-300 of my Facebook friends are from that site (Gather.com). The old Gather friends represent the majority of commenters on my Facebook posts.  They'd love to follow any BookBub blog I'd write.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~* 



General Fiction



Romance






Memoir/Biography





History/Essays









Self-Help








ESL




~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*




















































No comments:

Post a Comment